WIM Summit 2022
Dates: January 19th - January 21st
Time: 12pm-5pm ET
Join us at Women in Music’s WIM Summit 2022 to kick off our 37th year in service to the music industry, and to celebrate our diverse and vibrant community. Founded in 1985, our commitment to educate, empower and advance women in music has never been stronger than it is today - with thousands of members around the globe, and chapters from LA to Japan.
The WIM Summit 2022 will take place virtually via Zoom webinar from January 19 - January 21 between 12pm-5pm ET and will feature industry-leading speakers, masterclasses, and opportunities to connect.
Schedule: 1pm ET: C-Suite Entrepreneurship
Day 1 | Jan. 19 - Executive Leadership Track
Description: Meet our C-Suite founders as they discuss what it takes to launch a company from conception through sustained growth, how to lead teams, maintain impactful relationships, grow their businesses amidst constant change, and more.
- Mikal Celentano, Partner, EnterGain (Moderator)
- Jaime Bilotti, Co-Founder & COO, FANMADE
- Channing Moreland, CEO & Co-Founder, EVA
- Mayna Nevarez, CEO, Nevarez PR
- Jessica Sobhraj, CEO, Cosynd
2pm ET: Executive Upskilling: Leading Through Change
3pm ET: Fundamentals of Investing with Morgan Stanley
Description: From managing teams through turmoil, the expectations vs. reality of executive leadership, managing the work/life imbalance, generation gaps in leadership style, and more, we're digging into what it takes to be a leader in 2022 and beyond.
- Nicole Barsalona, President, Women in Music (Moderator)
- Molly Neuman, President, Songtrust/Downtown Music
- Christine Osazuwa, Strategy Director, Pollen; Founder, Measure of Music
- Faryal Thompson, VP International, TuneCore
- Cindy Charles, Head of Music Licensing & Industry Relations, Twitch
Pamela Praetorius, Vice President, Financial Advisor, Sports and Entertainment Director, Senior Portfolio Manager at Morgan Stanley
Mark Mohtashemi, CFP®, RMA®, Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley
4pm ET: Best Places to Work in Music: Redefining Workplace Culture
Description: What does it mean to be a "Best Place to Work in Music" in 2022, and how do we cultivate a workplace culture that reflects our values, prioritizes inclusivity, and empowers our employees and teams to succeed?
- Jenna Gaudio, Chief Operations Officer, Vydia
- Chong Bennett, Dir. of Diversity Recruiting & Partnerships, Live Nation
- Britney Pierini, People + Workplace Experience Expert
More to be announced!
5pm ET: The Gender Gap in Music Business Ownership, Presented by Vydia
Description: Join founders as they discuss overcoming internalized misogyny in the music industry, the perks of signing to female-led management and labels, how to get your start as a music entrepreneur, and opportunities to support the next generation of industry talent.
- Liz Eason, Head of Label Services, Vydia (Moderator)
- Erinn Knight, Co- Founder & Senior Dream Designer, Build Your Own Dreams
- Temima Shames, CEO & Founder, Next Step Talent
- Jessica Vaughn, President/Co-Founder of Head Bitch Music; Head of Sync at Q&A/Venice
Day 2 | Jan. 20 - Music Innovation
12pm ET: The Future is Now: Music in the Age of Web3
1pm ET: Catalog Sales 101
Description: The metaverse is no longer coming... it's here. With it comes great change and more importantly, great opportunity for the music industry as a whole. The terms web3, NFTs, blockchain, crypto, tokens, etc. are no longer completely foreign, but nonetheless we have hardly scratched the surface of their impact and utility. The intricacies and complexities of the music ecosystem make navigating the space even harder than it looks... and it doesn't look easy. Listen in as we discuss how the technology landscape is shaping the future of music in real-time.
- Maria Egan, Chief Music Officer, Splice (Billboard)
- Shara Senderoff, Partner/President, Raised in Space & Founder, Something Gold (Billboard)
- Verité, Artist/Producer/Writer (verite.org)
Description: Description: Join our experts as they discuss the recent surge in high-profile catalog sales, and what every artist should know before deciding whether or not to pursue a sale of their publishing or masters catalog. From contractual pitfalls, tax consequences, and more, the panelists will cover their war stories and advice in evaluating the potential benefits and downsides of catalog sales, as well as offering tips and suggestions on how to maximize their value.
- Heidy Vaquerano, Partner, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Cynthia Katz, Counsel, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Sherrese Clarke Soares, Founder & CEO, HarbourView Equity Partners
2pm ET: Meet the Leaders Behind Pandora's Success in Country Music
Description: Pandora’s largest genre is country and the division is led and managed by mostly women. In this session we’ll share future trends in country music, how to carve a career in the male dominated space, and how women teaming up can be powerful to make a major impact in this industry.
- Tricia Depres, , Freelance reporter for publications such as PEOPLE magazine, the Chicago Sun-Times and Taste of Country (Moderator)
- Angela Abbot - Senior Manager, Music Licensing, Pandora
- Jen Danielson -Head of Country Programming, Pandora
- Beville Dunkerley - Head of Country Music Talent Relations, Pandora
- Alina Thompson - Manager, Artist Marketing & Industry Relations, Pandora
3pm ET: Leaders of Marketing: Trends for 2022 and Beyond
Description: This discussion will focus on artist marketing and promotion heading in 2022, emerging trends and opportunities for artists to elevate and expand their fanbase. We'll touch on new tech, platforms, and how artists or those with careers in marketing can stay ahead of the curve.
- Farah Syed - PR & Industry Relations Senior Manager, Beatport (Moderator)
- Marisa Fair - Director, Artist Marketing, Pandora
- Chandra Karp - Senior Manager, Label and Artist Marketing, Ingrooves Music Group
- Mary Rahmani - Founder, Moon Projects
4pm ET: Fireside Chat with the Co-Owners of Roots N Blues Festival: Tracy Lane and Shay Jasper
Description: Tracy and Shay purchased the Roots N Blues Festival from the original founders at the start of the pandemic and decided to book an all-female lineup, After pandemic delays, the festival took place from September 24-26, 2021 in Columbia, MO and featured Brandi Carlile, Mavis Staples, Sheryl Crow, Larkin Poe, Mickey Guyton and 20 more female artists. In this fireside chat, we'll focus on representation in music festival lineups, what Tracy and Shay learned and discovered while running the festival last year, their personal careers and stories that lead them to this moment, and the amazing outcome. Read more about the historic 2021 festival in Music Row.
- Sarah Pittman, Senior Editor, Pollstar (Moderator)
- Shay Jasper
- Tracy Lane
Day 3 | Jan. 21 - Artist Teams & Services
1pm ET: Global Brand Partnerships
- Moira McCarthy, Vice President, Creative, Position Music; Vice President, Women in Music (Moderator)
- SuzAnn Branter, Head of Marketing, US Music, YMU
- Anisha Gaba, New Business, Sync & Licensing, India & SAARC, Warner Music Group
Moya Nkruma, Artist Marketing, Fender
Samantha Levy, Music Brand Partnerships, United Talent Agency
2pm ET: Artists & AI: Making the Data Work for You
- Alyssa Castiglia, Sr. Director of Creative at Primary Wave & A&R Consultant at Arista
- Britnee Foreman, Head of Data Strategy at Exceleration Music
- Sara Gil, VP Label Management at RECORDS, LLC
- Maya Primor, GTM Strategy & Operations, Data Analytics at Sony Music
3pm ET: Music Starts on TikTok
Marisa Jeffries, Director, US Label Partnerships, TikTok
Alix Rosenberg, Artist Partnerships, TikTok
- Gaby Fainsilber, Head of Digital Marketing, Crush Music
4pm ET: Hit-Makers: Artist & Producer Management
Description: Join industry-leading management teams as they dive into what it takes to find and develop great talent, manage expectations on all ends, maintain relationships through ups and downs, and bring together teams of hit-makers to create magic.
Keynote by GAYLE ("abcdefu")
Moderated by Variety Executive Editor of Music, Shirley Halperin
Description: Join us for a keynote with Atlantic Records / Arthouse Records recording artist GAYLE, whose song "abcdefu" is currently #1 on the Billboard Global 200.
Thank you to our Summit sponsors!